Tuesday, July 9, 2013

San Andreas


Hola Amigos!


¡Yo espero todas personas estan bien!  Yo estoy bien, pero yo estoy consado hoy.  I'm tired because today we visited the church of San Andreas. This is a very beautiful church here Guatemala. It was the church I wanted to visit most during my time here, and I finally got to today.  It was a little bit of a journey to get there, but it was well worth it.  Believe me, you haven't ridden on a city bus until you've ridden on an over packed (and I mean OVER packed), old, multicolored, dirty, loud, school bus, with stickers, and a sound system.  Oh yes, and the first ride, livestock attached to the roof. Yes...the chicken bus.  I knew why it had the name it did, but living the experience is a whole different adventure.

I'm approaching 7 full weeks here.  It has been a true blessing to be here. I've really enjoyed learning Spanish, and I'm blessed to have learned the Spanish I have. I'm excited to start using it back home once I return. Speaking of returns, I come home in about 2 and a half weeks!  I'm excited to see everyone and spend time with everyone too!  Plus, that comida de America, esta llmando mi nombre tambien!  I've been getting my fix each week in the food court, so my internal systems haven't reached the critical levels of withdrawal yet :)

This Thursday is the feast of St. Benedict. We are having a huge day of celebration at the monastery!  Since the are Benedictines, I believe this is a Solemnity for them. Entonces, after Mass on Thursday, we are having a big basketball game with the other seminarians, and I believe a large festive lunch too.

Everything keeps moving along here smoothly as I'm sure it has back home. I think of Notre Dame a lot out here, and how blessed I am to have the parish that I do. Many seminarians don't have the love and support from their parishes that you all show me, and for that I'm truly thankful!  Please know of my continued prayers for each of you who read this blog, and I look forward to chatting again soon!

-Cristóbal

Ps, many new photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66858764@N08/with/9112948990/

2 comments:

  1. Hola Cristobal,
    Vimos a tu mama en la iglesia. Nos recordo que regresas en dos semanas. Who's counting anyway?! I think your mama misses you?! Mucho! I like your pictures. Muy colorados! Makes me want to travel to Guatemala. Enjoy these last 2 weeks.
    Nena and Julie (Potato, potato, French fries!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Nena y Julie!

    Como estan? Estoy bien. Si, yo extraño mi madre y mi familia y mis amigos. Pero, yo tengo solo diez dias mas aqui, y tiempo esta movando muy rapido para mi! I'm glad you like the photos. San Andreas was a beautiful church. Probably my favorite here. My favorite part is in one of the photos, San Cristobal looks like he's growing out of the part in my hair! Know I'm praying for all of you, and I look forward to spending time together when I return. Also warm up the deck of cards! Since I've been away, I've probably become rusty, but I should still be able to win ;). Voy a hablar contigo pronto!

    -Cristobal (la papa, la papa, la papa....las papas fritas!)

    ReplyDelete