Sunday, July 21, 2013

El Ultimo Domingo


Buenas Tardes!

I pray everyone is having a wonderful Sunday back home in Clarendon Hills!  I can't believe it, but today marks mi ultimo Domingo aqui en Quetzaltenago. The time has truly gone by fast, and I thank God for the wonderful opportunity he has given me. This past week was really quick for me. With my final exam practice Mass this past Monday and making pizzas for the teachers on Thursday, time just ran away.  I'm looking forward to this week, but it's going to blaze by as well!  We have three practice Masses this week, a trip to the city, my final written exam Thursday, and graduation!  Friday I will be spending the day in Antigua.  Antigua is an old tourist site here in Guatemala. I'm told its very beautiful and it will be a great way to spend my last full day in Guatemala.  Then Saturday around noon I fly to Houston and then from Houston to Chicago, arriving mas o menos ocho de la noche.

So as you can see time is moving and like all good things, my time here is coming to an end too. I have made many great friends, and have received a true gift. I'm anxious to use the Spanish I've learned when I get home.  Es mi espanol perfecto?  No, not at all.  However, to be able to communicate with Spanish speakers, or to be be able to pray the prayers of the church in Spanish is amazing!  It blows my mind that I can listen to my teacher talk for an hour or have a conversation with some of the Benedictinos aqui por 45min. and understand 90% or more of it.  It's truly amazing the grace Our Lord has given me aprender esta idioma.  

In this last week, I ask that you continue to pray for me.  That I continue to learn as much as I can in my last 4 classes, and make the most out of the time I have left. Also please pray for me as I prepare to receive Candidacy in 2 weeks.  Candidacy is another major step towards Holy Orders. The church will officially be recognizing me as a good candidate for Holy Orders, and I will publicly promise to live my life in a way that prepares me to be a worthy candidate of Holy Orders. This is really exciting for me as it has been described as getting engaged to the Church so to say, so please pray for me as I take this next step!

Know of my prayers and I look forward to seeing everyone soon!

-Cristobal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66858764@N08/with/9112948990/

No comments:

Post a Comment