Saturday, June 22, 2013

Un Mes Aqui


Hola Amigos!

Today marks one month in Guatemala!  I can't believe it's already been that long. In this month I have learned a lot and have also grown a lot.  Sure parts have been difficult and I have had some days that I really miss home, but overall it has been a very positive experience.

This weekend is pretty relaxing here. No formal events are going on.  I do have a test to study for, however.  It will be my first exam here covering all that I have learned so far. I'm a little nervous, so if you want to pray for me as I take my test Monday that would be greatly appreciated!

This past week we had some visitors from Marmion Academy.  Abbot John and Father Marcos came with them. It was great to have some new people around here. They were here for the week doing mission work for habitat for humanity.  We also got to play basketball and spend time together.

We also made American pizza again!  We made it for everyone here and the Marmion visitors. It seemed to be a big hit again. I was told we are having hamburgers Monday too.  I hope those turn out just as well as the pizza.

This week we also have a priest from Mundelein visiting. His name is Fr. Elmer. He is my spiritual director at the seminary, so it will be great to have him come visit and to meet with him.  He plans on spending a few days with us, sitting in on some classes, and having meetings with all the Mundelein guys. I'm sure it will be a great visit.

I have to celebrate a practice Mass in about two weeks here as part of my final exam. I con celebrated a practice Mass with my friend Keith last Wednesday. It was a lot of fun!  Granted I didn't have to write the homily like he did, but I felt pretty comfortable with the Spanish. I'm sure with more practice I'll be all set in two weeks!

Please know of my prayers and I'll talk to everyone soon.

-Cris

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66858764@N08/

1 comment:

  1. PS. Quick shout out to my sister on her birthday! Happy Birthday Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete