Friday, June 7, 2013

An Amazing Day


Hola!

So today has been a pretty awesome day!  Our Lord has clearly been working overtime for me!  Let me explain a little bit. Yesterday during basketball I hurt my foot. I was limping pretty bad yesterday and earlier today, and it hurt pretty bad to put my full weight on it. Well today, June 7th, is a very special day for me.  This year especially. Today is the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  One of my favorite feasts and along with Divine Mercy, my favorite devotion!  AND it was on this day in 2008 at the Ordination Mass for Joliet where I heard that inaudible voice of the Holy Spirit call me to seminary!  So yes my foot hurt, but none the less it is a pretty special day for me. Well that pain before I knew it was about to disappear too!  During Mass for the Sacred Heart of Jesus, my foot hurt almost all the way through. However, after I received communion I noticed when I was back at my pew the majority of the pain had disappeared!  I could put full weight back on my foot again and walk like normal, and still so far today can walk normal. I can't explain it, but God truly gave me a grace today. So as you can tell between being one of my favorite feasts and devotions, the anniversary of my call into seminary, and having the pain in my foot go away, this has been an amazing day!

Along with all that awesomeness, I had a great class today too. I feel I was able to understand a lot, and we finished up with grammar for the present tense. I have a lot to review this weekend, but it's slowly starting to click. Also today I got to try horchata for the first time!  It was quite delicious. If I understand correctly its rice milk and sugar. Whatever it's made of, I like it!

Tonight some of us Americans are making American pizza for the monks and other seminarians. We made a small rookie mistake when we realized their system of measurement is different than the one we use in the US, but we think we have a recipe ready to go!  I'll have to let all of you know how it goes.

I'll talk to everyone soon!

-Cristóbal

6 comments:

  1. Praise God that you were healed and graced in so many ways, Chris. I am glad to hear it's going well for you.

    I, too am a fan of horchata. It's amazing how refreshing it can actually be on a warm day.

    You continue to be in my prayers, brother. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si Padre! Gracias a Dios! It is VERY refreshing. I hope to find a place with it when I return. Possibly Los Burittos Tapitas on Ogden...

      Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  2. Hola Cris,
    Good to hear things are going well! Pizza!so adventurous!
    We hoping to finish up our house building in the next couple of days here in Jamaica. Everyone is enjoying their experience and building relationships with the many Jamaicans we are meeting and working with.
    peace, char

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad all is well in Jamaica. Please say hello to everyone for me! I'm about to go to prayer, so I will be sure to pray for all of you! Yes Pizza! Soooo good! Haha, talk to you soon!

      Delete
  3. Hola Seminarista Cristobal!
    Que gusto me da leer tus nuevas noticias! Dios es Grande por curarte en tu dia santa favorite! Pues obviamente, Dios puede todo y tu eres una de las personas favoritas del Gran Señor. Sigue hechandole ganas en todas tus experiencias.
    A mi me encanta la horchata tambien! Sabe rica con algo picoso!
    Esperamos su proxima blog!
    Animo amigo!
    Nena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias para su comment! Cuando regreso a Los Estados Unidos, necesitamos beber horchata! Dios me bendiga mucho! (That was probably really poor use of the language..sorry! I hopefully in the next couple weeks will cover a lot more. Right now I'm just starting past tense) Gracias para su oraciones, y sabes por favor mi oraciones para ti.

      -Cris

      Delete