Monday, June 17, 2013

Chillin'


Hola Friends!


So right now I'm just relaxing outside. The weather has been perfect here for most of my trip. I don't think it has been over 80 degrees aqui. Most days you actually need a jacket.  This past weekend wasn't that exciting in terms of adventures. Some friends and I walked to the Walmart. We had to pick up the essentials. You know....Oreos, pretzels, sour gummy worms, etc.

Yesterday after Mass the language started to click a little easier. I lost a lot of my fear and also started understanding a lot more. Feels really good that its clicking for me. For dinner last night tambien we had beef ribs. One of the Spanish students made them. Very tasty!  "Our Crew" was also asked to make pizza again this Thursday, which I'm 100% OK with.

My teacher and I for class tomorrow are planning on walking to the bakery. Now I think you'll agree...class...bakery...this has to be good!  My friend Keith also celebrates his practice Mass this week as part of his final exam. He is having me be a con celebrant for him.  My final Mass exam won't be until the end of my time here probably.

Other than that, nothing else is really going on. Well one more thing. Visitors from Marmion Abbey are here. I think us seminarians are going to challenge them to a basketball game later in the week!

OK everybody, talk to you soon!  And keep checking this other link for photos of my trip as well.

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/66858764@N08/

-Cristobal

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristobal,
    I thought I would write in ingles for the most part. Maybe my messages in espaƱol are a little too advanced. I am enjoying reading your blog very much. Muchas Gracias! Tambien me gustan las fotos! It looks and sound like you are very aburrido...no es cierto!
    We are very proud (orgullosos) of you in Guatemala. I think I missed which ciudad you are in. Maybe you can remention in a future post. Josh and Julie are back from Jamaica, man! No problems, no worries there. Charlene and Doug are awesome leaders and we are blessed to have them for our children!
    Keep up your animo, and stop having so much diversion! This is trabajo, you know!
    Nena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nena!

      Thanks for the message! I have to admit they were difficult, but I think I was able to understand most of them! Yes I'm very bored here haha, no there is a lot to do here. My city is Quetzaltenago also known as Xela. I watched Dragontales every now and then, but I didn't realize that was the name of the wise dragon!

      I'm glad the trip to Jamaica went well! You're right, Doug and Char are wonderful leaders and great assets to Notre Dame!

      I hope all is well back in the States. I can't believe it, I'll have been here a month tomorrow! Time is flying! Paz

      Cris

      Delete
  2. BTW...
    Quetzal was the name of the wise dragon from the PBS show Dragontales. Did you watch that as a kid? Maybe you were too old.

    ReplyDelete